Our unique formula penetrates and cleans deep inside your chain, driving out moisture, grit, and grime and replacing them with a unique blend of oils and waxes (Peaty's secret sauce) to lubricate and protect.
Yes, you read that correctly!
Peaty's Link Lube actually cleans your chain as you use it!
- Always fully degrease your drivetrain before applying fresh lube. For best results, use Peaty's Drivetrain Degreaser.
- Ensure you thoroughly wash your chain with clean water after degreasing (degreaser is designed to eat chain oil after all).
- Remove as much water as you can from the chain - a quick wipe with a clean cloth will do fine.
- Give the bottle a good shake to evenly distribute the secret sauce.
- Apply the lube while cycling the chain backwards (eBikes will need to be pedaled forwards in a stand) ensuring every link is adequately covered.
- Keep cycling the chain for 10seconds or so to help the lube work its way into your chain.
- Thoroughly wipe away all excess lube from your chain using a clean cloth (excess oil on the outside of the chain will attract dust in dry conditions).
- For wet weather conditions, leave a small amount of lube on the outside of the chain for longer-lasting protection.
- On first use with pre-used chains, you may find that your chain turns black - this is the LinkLube driving out grime from deep in your chain. Just keep riding, degreasing, lubing and repeating until your chain runs shiny clean once more!
Caution - Do not get LinkLube (or any lube for that matter!) on your brakes or brake pads.